Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Why Math?

  Math is used for personal, practical, and spiritual use. Personal uses include paying rent, giving tips, measuring certain household items, and baking. Practical things involving math include measuring building supplies, and measuring medication for patients. Math is used in biblical times, when Noah was building the ark, and had to use certain measuring requirements that God gave him. One doorway that impacts my daily life the most, is the personal aspects to math. I give the delivery man the right amount in tip money, and I measure things when I bake things from scratch. The verse Exodus 35:30- 36:2 stands out to me the most because it tells us to create using our God given talents. Practical spiritual windows are referred to in this verse. The practical aspect in this verse, is the creating of things, and spirituality comes in because of the biblical reference.

1 comment: